Well, I went to pull the template for this post and it seems the last time I linked up was in JULY. Wow, so yeah, it's been awhile. Once again I'm linking up with Amanda for Thinking Out Loud. Check out the details in her first post if you're new around here.
1. I got the results of my latest round of testing. So, it turns out my heart is okay! YAY! My test did show I have an irregular heart beat but otherwise everything is fine and I've been given the go-ahead to resume running and working out at a pace I'm used to. That's funny because I have lost a LOT since May so it'll be basically building back up from scratch. We still don't know what caused the excessive weight gain and high blood pressure (and other various symptoms) BUT, for now, I'm focused on getting back (or close to) the weight I was before and then re-evaluating to hopefully come off the blood pressure medication!
2. That means, I have thirty-ish pounds to lose. Yikes. I know it's going to take awhile, and won't be easy, but I lost 59-pounds after London was born so I know I can do it. Time to put in the work.
3. I've given up on dating.My online dating post was a big hit but I've let dating take a back seat right now. I realize I want a relationship, not to date-around, and I can't focus on that with everything else I have going on right now. Online dating is like a second job!! I do have a few more stories to share with you, about the last couple months, so hopefully I'll be able to type that up soon. My friends tend to get a good laugh about my dating stories so they're probably worth sharing.
4. I take my CanFit Pro Practical Exam this weekend! So, in July, I passed my Personal Training course with CanFit Pro. You also need to get your CPR certification (which I did) and then complete a practical exam with a client. I've been putting that part of because I have no ability to memorize muscles and it's a big part of the exam. I'm just going to cross my fingers and hope I can get it done!
5. I need my certification before I can try-out to coach at Orange Theory Fitness. Our local club is opening SOON and I really want to be a personal trainer/coach there! It's been one of my goals since the Alberta Blog Squad took a class there back in April. If I pass my practical, get through the phone interview, then I'll take part in a four-day coaching try-out next week. It's a lot of steps but something I'm really passionate about. I am already working at OTF in their sales department but it's not where I'd like to end up.
6. I am also still waiting on the results from my Marathon Coach certification exam. I wrote that on Sunday and they said they would have the results by the end of the week. I feel pretty confident but I still need that confirmation! Once I pass that part, I have to complete a case study, get my First Aid, and then I'll actually train a client, for 16 weeks, for the final component. It's one of the toughest Marathon Coach certifications, out there, but I'm happy I decided to take the long route. It'll make me a better (and more knowledgeable) coach, and runner, in the end.
London bought me these flowers the night before my exam!
7. I miss The Bachelor/Bachelorette/Bachelor In Paradise. My girls and I get together, every week, to watch it and we've been skipping Monday's because it's off the air. I'm ready for it to come back (and to see Nick try and find love!!) Thankfully, we've scheduled a girl's night NEXT Monday so we can all catch up. There's so much going on in all of our lives we need to carve out time to get together.
These girls <3
8. London turns FOUR next weekend. I have no idea where the last four years went. I am so lucky to have such a sweet, kind, sensitive, smart little boy. I'm running a 5K race with him in the morning and then we invited all his little friends to the gymnastics place for an afternoon party. I'll probably take him to the Canes game, that night, to celebrate!
Honestly, I could probably keep going (we have a lot to catch up on) but it's time to go get London from daycare, take him to feed his kitty at his dad's house (we're cat-sitting while he's away) get him to swimming and then head to Run Club. Have I mentioned life is crazy, lately?
Hi, I'm Kaella, a single mom, reporter and avid runner. I love sharing my workouts, race-recaps, and experiences in group fitness class, with you. I also talk about my four-year-old son London a lot. I'm slightly obsessed with NYC, Starbucks and 5 Cent Candies.