Once again I'm linking up with Amanda for Thinking Out Loud. Check out the details in her first post if you're new around here.
1. I'm back at work after 11 glorious days off! Looking back at the photos, from our vacation, I can't stop smiling. I have the best family and am so lucky to be able to spend time with them. The time off, from work, was exactly what I needed to recharge my batteries.
2. My SeaWheeze Shorts are here! I arrived home, Tuesday night, to my shorts for the August race. The best part about SeaWheeze (well, one of them) is you get your shorts before the race so you can use them for training.
3. I had to give up my run coach...kind of. I LOVED working with Coach Suz. I owe my recovery to her and I am so thankful for everything she did for me. Unfortunately, I just can't afford to have the one-on-one coaching experience right now (I owe too much in taxes and have some other unexpected expenses and am traveling to the states three times this year.) The GOOD news is, Coach Suz is going to create a training plan for me for the Chicago Marathon!! I have been following her plan, since December, so I feel a bit lost without anyone telling me to do right now. I like structure.
4. I have enjoyed three days off from any running though. Coach Suz wanted me to rest my legs after Sunday's half marathon so I did that for the last few days. Today, I went for a long walk with one of my friends down to the river. It was exactly what I needed (the rest and the girl time) but I'm excited to get moving again tomorrow. I'm doing an easy 5K and a Tabata class with one of my favourite instructors!
5. I'm heading to another race Saturday. The Calgary Marathon is holding their inagural St. Patrick's Island 4K Fun Run Saturday. London and I are joining some friends for the event and I plan on pushing him in the stroller. I don't plan on racing it as I have the Calgary Half, and San Diego Half, in a few weeks. There are still spots left if you want to register (event includes a lei when you cross the finish line and a post-race luau!)
Alright, it's late and I'm up past my bedtime. I haven't set an alarm in two weeks so tomorrow should be interesting ;)
Hi, I'm Kaella, a single mom, reporter and avid runner. I love sharing my workouts, race-recaps, and experiences in group fitness class, with you. I also talk about my four-year-old son London a lot. I'm slightly obsessed with NYC, Starbucks and 5 Cent Candies.