Things have been a little quiet around here this week as London and I enjoy our vacation with our family. I have a few things I wanted to share though so here we go....
Once again I'm linking up with Amanda for Thinking Out Loud. Check out the details in her first post if you're new around here.
1. I got a tattoo!! Yesterday, I decided to go check out a local tattoo shop and inquire about getting the "London" tattoo I've been wanting since London was born. It turned out they had had a cancellation so they fit me right in. I guess it was meant to be! The guy drew the cursive and showed me a copy. It was a little bigger than I wanted so I had him make it a little smaller. It's still a little bit bigger than I originally planned but I am so happy with it!! I always carry London in my heart but now I have something that I can look at that reminds me of him. Everything I do is for my little man. Now comes the fun part of tattoo healing (trying not to itch it, rub it, pick the scab.) The struggle is real.
2. My next race is SUNDAY! Coach Suz emailed me our race day plan for Sunday. I don't plan on Pr'ing but I do plan to test out my legs and see what I'm capable of. Coming back from injury is a humbling experience; but, we have both worked so hard to get me back here. I am so excited (and only a tiny bit nervous!)
3. I am so happy to be home. I grew up on the west coast and every time I'm home I reminded of just how much I love it. We've been spending most of our days at the beach, relaxing on my parents patio and eating ice cream. It's a pretty great life!
4. The next few days are going to be busy though. I'm volunteering at the Expo for the race tomorrow, for a few hours, and then Friday we are spending the day with my sister-in-law and her two little girls. My oldest niece, and London, are running the 2.5KM kids race on Saturday together. My race is Sunday. My mom and the others will likely wait to come down to Vancouver until after the race so I can visit with other runners after and enjoy the VIP tent for awhile (ambassador perks, haha!)
5. I love helping others accomplish their racing and running goals. I've been loosely working with one of my girlfriends as she sets some goals. She's completed a half marathon, and has three more scheduled this year, and I think I may have talked her into running her first marathon with me next year! Anyone else get as excited when friends fall in love with running? ;)
Alright, I'm going to keep this short since we are about to head out for our evening walk to the beach for some gelato ice cream.
Hi, I'm Kaella, a single mom, reporter and avid runner. I love sharing my workouts, race-recaps, and experiences in group fitness class, with you. I also talk about my four-year-old son London a lot. I'm slightly obsessed with NYC, Starbucks and 5 Cent Candies.