Once again I'm linking up with Amanda for Thinking Out Loud. Check out the details in her first post if you're new around here.
1. I'm officially on vacation after work tomorrow!!! London and I are flying to Vancouver Saturday morning and I can't wait!! Besides seeing family, we're both running races. I'm doing the BMO Vancouver Half Marathon and London is running the 2.5KM Kids Race with his seven-year-old cousin Cloe. Although I had to drop down to the half, post-injury, I'm actually feeling really good about it.
2. Besides running, we have lots of other stuff on the go. Mainly, it's about relaxing and enjoying each other's company. We're also planning on spending lots of time eating seafood, taking walks along the beach, and treating ourselves to Gelato ice cream, after supper, while we watch the night train go by (it's tradition!) I would also love to take him to the aquarium.
This was at Christmas-- it better be warmer ;)
3. London needs some mama time. Daycare drop offs have been really difficult for the past two weeks. He's having serious separation anxiety and starts to cry whenever I even mention dropping him off. Then, when we get there he becomes a bumbling mess. He keeps asking for me to hug and kiss him and won't let me go (I never want to!) When one of his teachers finally takes him to the window to wave at me he's pressing his little hands up on the glass, crying, and mouthing "mama!" I definitely burst into tears earlier this week after I got in the car and drove away. His daddy says he's like that, for me, when they're together too. So, I'm happy he's going to have a good, long, stretch of one-on-one time with me.
He fell asleep in my arms Tuesday night
4. My friend Ange wrote THIS POST about what it's like to go from a size 4 to a size 8 and I want everyone to read it. For me, it was probably one of the most important things I've read in awhile. You see, I've gained twenty pounds since the start of the year. TWENTY FREAKING POUNDS! I eat the same, I workout the same (if not more) and I wasn't doing anything else different. Numerous doctor's tests later and they still don't know what's going on. Anyway, I've been struggling with it more than I would probably like to admit. When your clothes stop fitting and even your "comfy" lulus are too tight it's hard not to get a little upset and frustrated. Thank you Ange (and everyone who posted in the comment section) for letting me know I'm not the only one going through, or who has gone through, something similar.
5. Anyone else feel like they're drowning in their inbox's lately? I usually like to check all my emails by the end of the work day but I've been out of the office, on assignment, the last few weeks and they are mounting up. I'm talking into the thousands.... if I wasn't afraid I would miss something important I would seriously considering just selecting "delete all" and walking away. My goal is to get them all checked before I clock out tomorrow!
6. I need some of my friends to start getting engaged so I can go to some weddings soon. I love going to weddings (and all the events leading up to them) so I am sad I don't have any scheduled this summer. Yes, even though I'm no longer married I still LOVE love and celebrating two people's special day! ;)
7. I'm already thinking about how 'm going to spend my month between races. I have the Calgary Half Marathon, May 29th, so I am going to enjoy some down time from training. I definitely need to get my butt back to GoodLife Fitness for a Body Pump class since it's been longer than I want to admit hahaha!
8. I have the dates for my Group Fitness Instructor course! I'll be taking the three day course, next month, and then hopefully writing my exam and doing my practical in June. I can't wait to start teaching (once I figure out where/what I want to teach!)
Alright, that's all for me today. I'll be back tomorrow with a recap of this week's workouts.
Do you like go to weddings?
What was the last group fitness class you attended?
Hi, I'm Kaella, a single mom, reporter and avid runner. I love sharing my workouts, race-recaps, and experiences in group fitness class, with you. I also talk about my four-year-old son London a lot. I'm slightly obsessed with NYC, Starbucks and 5 Cent Candies.