Once again I'm linking up with Amanda for Thinking Out Loud. Check out the details in her first post if you're new around here.
1. I am embarrased to admit how many times I do not actually link up with Amanda for this post. I do follow the "rules" and try and comment on at least three other posts though. Any other bloggers relate?
2. Speaking of blogging, I think it just got a whole lot easier. As I've mentioned, I usually blog from my phone since I don't have a laptop. I considered saving up and buying one but it just isn't a priority. So, instead, I decided to purchase a keyboard for my IPAD. It makes blogging way easier now! I'm still getting used to the keyboard, since it's a little smaller than the one I'm used to at work, but I'm happy with my purchase. I'm also looking at getting a wireless harddrive so I can remove the 4500 plus photos I have on my phone to hopefully speed that up. I didn't realize they made wireless harddrives (thanks June!) To be honest, it makes me a little nervous storing photos online so this makes more sense for me.
3. I am taking a me day today! I've been so crazy busy at work lately that I decided to take today off. I have plans to run in the morning, take a new (to me) work out class, get my hair done and then pick up London early from daycare. Friday is going to be a really fun day too! I have a photo shoot, in Calgary, that'll likely last most of the day. I'm excited to see what outfits they're putting me in.
4. I am running a 5K this weekend. It's the first 5K I'm racing since my current PR (23:42) I ran last August. I know I'm not exactly where I was then but I'm still hoping to get under 26 minutes. My coach has 12 miles on the schedule that day so, for the first time, I'll be running some miles before the race. I'm splitting it up 4 before, race, 5 after. Fingers crossed my legs aren't too dead to finish. Besides a marathon, 5K's scare me the most. You really are pushing yourself to your max the entire race. I usually end up feeling like throwing up at some point and then laying down for a couple minutes after. Anyone else feel this way about shorter distances? I'd love to try a mile race someday.... I feel like that would be really painful.
5. Once again, I have another exciting weekend ahead. Friday night plans are still undecided but after Saturday's race I'm volunteering at a local soup kitchen. I also helped organize a night out for all the local media. It should be a blast!! We see each other out, on assignments, every day but don't get a lot of chance to visit much. I also expect to spend 80% of my night dancing because it's my favourite and the DJ takes my requests hahaha.
6. I am also really excited for next weekend. London and I are leaving on a little mini vacation back home to the West Coast. I am running the BMO Half Marathon (not a goal race but hoping to sub 2) and London is running a 2.5 km kids race with his seven year old cousin, Cloe. I am so excited to watch them! As much as I wish I was running the marathon (my original plan until my injury took longer to heal than expected) I'm happy the half comes with no pressure and more chances to just have fun with my family and relax.
7. Isn't this the cutest cowboy you've ever seen?
Have a great day/night and I'll be back with my fitness Friday recap tomorrow!
Hi, I'm Kaella, a single mom, reporter and avid runner. I love sharing my workouts, race-recaps, and experiences in group fitness class, with you. I also talk about my four-year-old son London a lot. I'm slightly obsessed with NYC, Starbucks and 5 Cent Candies.