Once again I'm linking up with Amanda for Thinking Out Loud. Check out the details in her first post if you're new around here.
1. I have a new roomie! My friend Allie is living with London and I and we are so happy to have her living with us! She's from Calgary but will be living in Lethbridge to get some work experience. She's funny, smart, beautiful and we have a lot of the same interests. It's nice to have someone to talk to when London is with his daddy too. The house can almost be too quiet sometimes.
Sorry about the poor phone-quality photo but that's Allie and our friend Erik.
2. I saw an article about the effects stress has on your body pop up on my Facebook feed this week. I don't usually read everything but this one caught my eye. I know stress is bad (and I'm usually a very positive, happy person) but sometimes it sneaks into my life. There's been some things going on at work (which I can't talk about here) that have been causing me sleep-less nights, my Crohn's to flare, and just general anxiety. I can only control my own actions so I'm hoping that I'll feel better soon.
3. Working out is a great stress-reducer! I've always found that. In fact, I control my Crohn's disease mainly through diet and exercise so it's a bit part of my life. This weekend, I'm excited to be trying a new-to-me fitness program. I'm heading to Calgary to meet up with some bloggers for an Orange Theory Fitness class! I've heard such amazing things about it and can't wait to give it a try! I have a 10 mile run planned so my legs may be a little dead but I'm excited. I'm planning to stay the night and take London to the zoo Sunday!
4. Speaking of London, I really do love this age! He loves to go for adventures, workout with me and is always asking for cuddles. I can't wait to keep watching him grow and learn new things!
5. Can we talk about SnapChat filters? London and I have so much fun with them but the filter that makes EVERYONE look amazing is my favourite, hahahaha!! I don't think anyone would mind if it followed them around every day.
6. I'm back on track with my strength training. I have reduced the amount I'm doing (5 days a week plus 5 days of running just wasn't sustainable) but I'm okay with that. I try and do one pump classand two, at home, strength workouts a week.
7. Have you entered to win on of two free race giveaways I have going on right now? The first, is to any Colour Me Rad race and is happening on my My Instagram Page and the second is for the St. Patrick's Island Fun Run and you can enter on THIS POST. Good luck!!
Anyway, have a wonderful Thursday! I'll be back tomorrow to share my weekly workouts for Fitness Friday!
Hi, I'm Kaella, a single mom, reporter and avid runner. I love sharing my workouts, race-recaps, and experiences in group fitness class, with you. I also talk about my four-year-old son London a lot. I'm slightly obsessed with NYC, Starbucks and 5 Cent Candies.