I spoke with Coach Suz yesterday and we both agree it's the best decision.
Yes, I could have ran the full marathon and be fine but we want to be smart. I have zero regrets and am ridiculously excited to race!!! I've lost quite a bit of speed over the last few months, because of marathon training and my injury, and am excited to get back to doing some speed work! I still want to get my Sub 4 marathon but just not right now. Ideally, I'll continue to build a solid pace, get faster, and train for a fall marathon but we will see. You never know what can happen.
I'm linking up with Amanda for Thinking Out Loud (#50!!) Check out the details in her first post if you're new around here.
2. My other big announcement (and why I was vague blogging last week) is because I've decided to become a group fitness instructor!! I've been taking group fitness classes for awhile now and love them (you probably know about my love affair with Body Pump at GoodLife Fitness and spin classes at Kinetic Fitness.) I'm going to be certified through CanFitPro. I have to pass a theory and practical exam before I can teach but am going to study, and practice, my butt off to make it happen. I'm not sure what type of classes I'm going to teach yet but get giddy just thinking about it! Oh, and this is just a part-time job. I'm hoping to teach one or two classes a week. I'm so thankful
3. There's a new race coming to Calgary! The St. Patrick's Island Fun Run is being held May 7th. It's a 4K, Hawaiian-themed, race that includes an Urbvan Luau post-race picnic. Registration is now open. I'll also be hosting a giveaway for an entry soon!
4. London and I are registered for another race. I just signed us up for the Stampede Road Race July 11th. I'll be running the 10K and London will be participating in the kids race. Mizuno is a sponsor so I'm thrilled to be able to race this race as one of their ambassadors with Jen (Pretty Little Grub.) I think London needs his own race page on the blog since he's now signed up for 5 races, so far, in 2016!!
5. It's easier to get married than it is to file for divorce. And, for once, I'm not talking about emotionally. Jarod and I are in the process of filing and it's a huge process!! I can't imagine how much harder it would be if we didn't agree on everything!!
6. Speaking of divorce, thank you for all the sweet comments, and shares, on my post How Running Helped Get Me Through My Divorce yesterday. I should have said "Is Helping" because it's still in the works and I still have tough days. I hope others can take away from my experience. Even if you're not going through a divorce, life can be tough and running has been a huge help for my mental and emotional health.
7. My roommate moves in Saturday! I'm excited to have some company but it'll likely be a bit weird living with someone again after a year on my own. She's staying with me for two months while she completes an internship with my work. London keeps asking when she's getting here. I think he'll like having someone else to play with!
That's all I have for you today! Have a wonderful Thursday!!
Hi, I'm Kaella, a single mom, reporter and avid runner. I love sharing my workouts, race-recaps, and experiences in group fitness class, with you. I also talk about my four-year-old son London a lot. I'm slightly obsessed with NYC, Starbucks and 5 Cent Candies.