I feel like I have so many things to write about but not enough time to do them. For now, I'll just get some random thoughts out before I can find time to sit down and write some of the other topics.
As always, I'm linking up withAmanda. If you don't know how the link-up works check out her first post. Basically, it's a chance for you to get all your random thoughts out and then link up with others doing the same.
1. I'm so pumped (pun intended) for tonight. I'm taking some new girlfriends to Body Pump for the first time. I love sharing my love of the class with my friends and I love that my girls are always up for new fitness challenges.
2. Acupuncture is helping my quad injury but.... I still don't have a decision on what I'm going to do for the Vancouver Marathon. My friend Jo (who's also training for a marathon and hurt) and I were talking, the other day, about maybe some people's bodies just aren't meant for distance running. Or, we just aren't doing it properly. We're both a little frustrated and disappointed but luckily running, in general, isn't out of the question for either of us. If you could send us both some healing powers that would be great! I have a phone call with my coach today so I'm excited to see what we decide (and just to chat with her since she lives in Chicago!!)
3. As I mentioned earlier this month, I'm participating in a 30 Day food and exercise Challenge. I have six days left and it's going great! I'm still learning lots about my eating habits and how my body responds to different foods. The challenge includes workouts but I'm following my Coach's training plan. I'm also drinking more water than I ever thought was possible ;)
4. Speaking of run coaches, my friend Ange is now certified and accepting new clients! If you've ever thought about hiring someone to coach you one-on-one or just create a personalized training plan you can find out more on her website. She's Calgary-based if you're looking for someone local. I'm so happy I am surrounded by people who love running as much as I do.
With Laura (left) and Ange at a run last May in Calgary
5. I took London to a dance show last night and he LOVED it! I grew up doing Cheerleading and Theatre so I love performing arts. I think most Broadcasters are theatre/performance junkies. When I first moved to Lethbridge I didn't know anyone so I joined a dance program and ended up spending five years with them. We had bi-annual performances and lots of girls nights. I'm still friends with some of the ladies. We really had a blast! Well, the dance teacher is now teaching a middle school program and continues to put on shows. So, last night we went and checked it out. I was really impressed and it definitely made me miss the stage!
Hi, I'm Kaella, a single mom, reporter and avid runner. I love sharing my workouts, race-recaps, and experiences in group fitness class, with you. I also talk about my four-year-old son London a lot. I'm slightly obsessed with NYC, Starbucks and 5 Cent Candies.