This is another fly by the seat of my pants post since I've been too busy to write anything, in advance, this week.
As always, I'm linking up withAmanda. If you don't know how the link-up works check out her first post. Basically, it's a chance for you to get all your random thoughts out and then link up with others doing the same.
1. My baby monitor refuses to work right now. That means, yesterday morning I didn't hear London wake up and come downstairs. I had one earphone in when I thought I heard a noise. Sure enough, I found him sobbing on the stairs because he didn't know where I was. I basically had to hold him while I did my ten minute cool-down on the treadmill and had to skip all my weight training. Must fix that soon!
2. Since he was up at 5:30 (yikes) we were able to spend some quality time together instead of our usual rushing around to get ready. We watched cartoons, I made us breakfast and we even baked some oatmeal for the next few days. I used Skinny Taste's Baked Blueberry and Banana Recipe again and it was just as amazing. The only thing I did was omit the honey and add extra egg whites and protein powder.
3. London has always loved books but lately he wants to read all the time. Of course, this makes me really happy since I've always been a book warm. He stood in front of his book case, in his room, the other night and crossed his arms saying "I've read all these books a million times" (exaggerating, definitely my kid haha) so I took him to Chapters for a date night and we grabbed a few new ones.
4. Speaking of child entertainment I decided to pick up some kid-friendly CD's for the time we spend in the car together. Don't get me wrong, London loves "shake it off" and "bad blood" a lot but I wanted something a little more age appropriate. Plus, I get to teach him the words to some of my favourite songs from my childhood like "Alice The Camel, Little Red Wagon and 5 Little Monkeys." Sometimes I drop him off at daycare and don't realize they're still playing until I get to work though hahahaha!
5. If you've never tried BodyPump (aka my favourite class ever) come join me for the new release TONIGHT at GoodLife Lethbridge. You can sign up online for a free three-class pass but you can also enter to win a free month membership, from me, HERE!
6. I had my first session of electro-acupuncture this week and OMG!! It was crazy! My muscles twitched the entire thirty minutes (which the doctor seemed shocked by) but I think it's helping!! I'm going back again Friday and then will test it on Saturday during my long run.
Alright, time to head to work. I've got a busy day as London starts swimming lessons again tonight (he's a FISH) and then Body Pump.
Have a great Thursday!
Parents, what is your child reading right now?
Do needles make you squeamish?
Share your favourite healthy recipe with me please!!
Hi, I'm Kaella, a single mom, reporter and avid runner. I love sharing my workouts, race-recaps, and experiences in group fitness class, with you. I also talk about my four-year-old son London a lot. I'm slightly obsessed with NYC, Starbucks and 5 Cent Candies.