Sometimes I keep notes in my phone, all week, about things I want to write about in my Thinking out Loud posts and then other times, like this week, I just start typing and see what happens. So, here we go....
As always, I'm linking up withAmanda. If you don't know how the link-up works check out her first post. Basically, it's a chance for you to get all your random thoughts out and then link up with others doing the same.
1. Like the 934389430 others that didn't win the PowerBall, last night, I'm not surprised. It was fun to dream about what I would do if I won the money though. Number one would be to help others though (specifically my mom because she's the best!)
2. I'm loving the Fit Radio app. I have lots of different playlists, on my phone, for running and the gym but lately I've been getting bored of all my music. Enter Fit Radio app! You can choose from a number of categories "Featured, Top 40, Pop, Hip Hop, EDM etc" and it creates a playlist for you. I love not knowing what's going to play next.
3. I'm still loving Acupuncture. I had my third treatment yesterday and I really do think it's helping with my leg issues! The big test is Saturday when I have my long run scheduled. I'm still running Intervals but hopefully once things get under control I can start logging some more non-stop miles.
4. I love getting up early to workout. I recently returned to my 4:30am workouts and forgot how amazing it feels to have my workout done before I start the rest of my day. If you're looking to transition to an early morning exerciser I posted some tips HERE.
5. I'm on Day 10 of my food overhaul and still going strong. I'll post more about it when the initial challenge is over (it's 30 days) but I plan to implement everything I've learned into making some lifestyle changes. So far, I'm loving meal planning, not eating out and removing processed foods and added sugar. I don't plan on keeping them out forever (I do one "treat" meal a week during the challenge) though. I honestly never knew/understood the importance of including certain foods into your diet every day. Honestly, I couldn't STAND the taste of plain greek yogurt on Day 1 but I've really started to like it (I add some fruit and cinnamon to mine) and I don't have the 8-10 extra grams of sugar in the flavoured yogurts. Again, I'll post more about this when the challenge is over in a couple weeks.
6. I made sweet potato nachos (adapted from Hungry Runner Girl's recipe) for Monday's Bachelor party with my girls and they were a hit! I will definitely be making these again for supper one night. YUM!
7. London had his first dentist appointment this week and rocked it! He LOVES the doctor so I was hoping the dentist would be the same. Sure enough, he sat there for 30 minutes while they cleaned and flossed his teeth. The dentist says his teeth are very close together (like mine) and will likely be a bit of a mess when he's 7-8 and then he'll need braces (again, like me!) We are booked back in for six months.
8.I watched two episodes of Making A Murderer and that's it so far. I watched two while I ran on the treadmill, last weekend, but haven't picked it up again. I blame my lack of time and the fact my internet isn't working properly at home. Still, I just haven't felt like I NEED to finish the rest. I'm sure I'll finish but I'm just not in a rush.
9. I finally convinced a friend to try Body Pump with me!! June and I keep going back and forth on new things. I got her to sign up for a half marathon, she convinced me to try hot yoga. Now, I'm getting her to come to Body Pump tomorrow. I'm still working on spin... ;)
Hi, I'm Kaella, a single mom, reporter and avid runner. I love sharing my workouts, race-recaps, and experiences in group fitness class, with you. I also talk about my four-year-old son London a lot. I'm slightly obsessed with NYC, Starbucks and 5 Cent Candies.