Monday, December 14, 2015

Holidays Can Be Tough- Weekend In Review

Friday night, I went to a movie right after work. I was missing London and feeling like I was in a bit of a funk so I chose a comedy. Sure enough, ten minutes in, I was laughing and enjoying my buttery popcorn! (I saw "The Night Before" and loved it!) After the movie, I had a text from London's daddy they were also at a movie and we would chat later. I looked at the start times and realized it would be letting out soon so I did what every other mother who wants to see their child does...and hung around near the exit (in nearby stores) hoping to catch a glimpse of my little guy. I waited about twenty minutes, didn't see them, so I headed home. 

The house felt too quiet so I did some re-decorating to get ready for tonight's girl's Christmas party, I'm hosting, and then turned on the Fireplace tv.

 I ended up going into bed early but couldn't sleep. I missed London and the thought of not being with him this Christmas was hurting my heart. 

I finally fell asleep but was wide awake at 6 am. I ate breakfast and watched some tv before heading to the gym. I was the ONLY person there when I arrived (about 8:20) which was weird but kind of nice. 
 I did thirty minutes on the treadmill and then took a 60 minute BodyPump class which I'm still feeling.

After class, I hurried home to meet Melis and Ian. My fridge has been leaking lately and I needed someone to come help me figure out the problem. Luckily, Ian is a handyman! I am lucky to have such great friends. 
After they left I hurried to shower and then was off to a hair appointment to get my bangs cut. My hair dresser even curled my hair, for free, since I mentioned it was my work party that night. I had some more errands to do before heading back home to spend the afternoon relaxing. I ended up renting Southpaw (so good, cried a lot) and didn't start getting ready for our party until 6!

A co-worker picked me up and we met everyone at an Escape Room. Basically, they lock you in a room, for an hour, and you have to find, and solve, clues to get out. We did girls versus guys and beat them by about five minutes. It was fun! We went to a nearby pub to eat, drink and exchange gifts. It was a late night but I'm glad I went and stayed out a little later than planned.

Once again, I was up too early on Sunday. I thought about working out but my coach had an active rest day planned for me so I drove to the River Valley and went for a walk. It was cold but we don't have any snow so I wanted to take advantage of it. 

I spent the next few hours running more errands, doing laundry and cleaning my house before meeting London and his dad at swimming.
After supper, London and I opened his big Christmas gift from me- a Paw Patrol playset! He was so excited! He's leaving with his dad to go back to Saskatchewan this week for Christmas so I wanted to do our gifts before he left. 

This is the first time I won't be with London for Christmas. I realize it's is just one day but it is still tough. Mother's Day was difficult but this one will be extremely hard. Thinking back, I never thought about how hard this was going to be- missing important dates with my son, only seeing him half the time and losing out on a lot of little moments.
I know I'm not the only one feeling this way. Holidays are tough. It can be a struggle for those who aren't with their loved ones for whatever reason. I went through this when my Nana and Gaga died too. I guess I just want you to know you're not alone.
Since I won't be with London, my plan is to surround myself with people I love and do things that make me happy.
I hope you're able to do the same... 

No comments:

Post a Comment