I haven't done one of these in a couple weeks. I feel like I've been talking about NYC for so long that I have a bunch of random thoughts to get out. Good thing that's what the link up withAmanda for Thinking Out Loud is all about.
The rest of my NYC trip recap will be up tomorrow!!
1. My quad muscles are slowly starting to feel normal again. I went for a massage Monday and my therapist told me my muscles, in my right leg, were all twisted. So yeah, working them out was painful but necessary. As expected, my hip flexors, calves, feet and lower back also needed some attention. I'm going back again next week. My benefits don't cover massage therapy so I'm going broke taking care of my body. It's a necessary evil though! I can finally walk without a limp.
2. I'm going to Vegas tomorrow!!! I planned the trip to Vegas before the opportunity to run NYC came up. I normally would not have scheduled a race two weeks after my first marathon. Luckily, I am just running for fun!! Myself, and 6 girlfriends, are using the trip as a much-needed girls weekend. Four of us will be running and our goal is to stay together, take lots of photos and finish with smiles on our faces! (I'm thinking it'll take us about 3 hours to do the half marathon.) I'm also running the 5K Saturday as part of the Remix Challenge. If my quad is feeling up to it I'll likely take that a little faster and hopefully finish around the 25-26 minute mark.
3. I love girl time.Tuesday night I had a big group of ladies over for food and wine. We just chatted, and laughed, for hours. It was exactly what I needed!!
4. I'm trying to be more adventurous with my makeup. I'm usually a lip gloss, or light-coloured lipstick, girl but I decided to branch out and wear something bold this week. I liked it but I felt like I was constantly getting red all over my hands, and face, and had to re-apply it a lot more than I would have liked. Plus, it dried out my lips.
5. I ordered this print for our house. I'm so excited to be able to reminisce about my marathon experience when I come into my place. I ordered it through Etsy and chose the 16 by 20 option. It should be here next week and then I just have to get it framed and find a spot for it. There was also an option to have the splits removed but I wanted to include them.
6. Isn't my mom gorgeous? She's going to kill me for posting this but I love when she takes selfies, before she's heading out, and sends them to me. I wish we lived closer :(
7. It SNOWED this week!! London was loving it and helped me shovel and clean off our car. I am not a big fan but seeing him jump around was pretty special!!
Alright, I have to go run and finish packing for VEGAS and pick up my child. I'll end it there for now.
Hi, I'm Kaella, a single mom, reporter and avid runner. I love sharing my workouts, race-recaps, and experiences in group fitness class, with you. I also talk about my four-year-old son London a lot. I'm slightly obsessed with NYC, Starbucks and 5 Cent Candies.