1. I got spoiled by Mizuno again! If you haven't checked out their fall line yet you definitely should! I love the colors, especially the green!! I'll do a review once I try everything!
2. Spiders are gross!! Tucking London into bed last night and a GIANT spider climbed out from behind his pillow. I may have slightly freaked out while he stayed calm! I hate squishing spiders so I grabbed the pillow it was on, threw it in the bath and then turned on the water!
4. Do you have an amazing smoothie recipe? As always, the Calgary Marathon is hosting their smoothie-in-training contest. All you have to do is submit your smoothie recipe, and name, and you have a chance to win a $600 prize pack (including a Vitamix, Jugo Juice gift cards and a race entry! Enter HERE.
5. Today, I did some core work for the first time in... well, too long. It's something that I haven't been focused on lately but so important for running. I've been talking about going to GoodLife Fitness to try their CXWork class for weeks and finally decided this was the week! Unfortunately, they are closed for the holiday week so I have to push it back to next week. I tend to do better, and push myself harder, in group classes. In the meantime, I'm relying on some youtube vidoes. Who here has tried the 8 minute abs video?
6. I'm obsessed with hand sanitzer. I'm trying to avoid getting sick before (and during) NYC so I've been carrying around a few bottles. I have one at my desk, one in my car, two in my purse and various other bottles around my house. If I touch a door knob, debit machine, or anything else a million other people have touched, I use it! I'm also trying to up my water intake, eat healthy and get enough sleep. I've officially enter the taper-crazy zone. I. MUST. NOT. GET. SICK.
7. I've started a list of things I want to do AFTER the marathon. They say post-marathon blues are a real thing so I want to keep myself busy. I found myself saying "I want to do that after my marathon training" so I just started taking notes. So far, most of them are fitness-related (return to Spin/Body Pump, try TRX, run with friends) but I also have a few that aren't. I have a lot to be thankful for and a lot to look forward to!
8. My sweet boy is saying some not so sweet things lately. Jarod and I talk a lot about London. Lately, our conversations have revolved around some comments and actions. This week alone, Jarod has heard the words "kill her, cut her and kick her" come out of London's mouth. It's heart-breaking but also a little scary. We have started censoring his shows (even some of the cartoons talk about killing people/things) and letting him know those are not appropriate. I'm hoping it helps put an end to it. Thankfully, he's still his sweet, funny, kind child 99% of the time.
9. Speaking of London....and potty training. It's one of the most popular questions I get asked. No, he is not potty trained. He will pee and poop from time to time but there is no consistency. We've tried naked days, at home, treats, books, movies and more! Daycare is also helping us out by talking about it a lot and encouraging him to try to use the potty. He'll get it soon :)
10. I have my marathon shirt!! I'm wearing a Team For Kids singlet, since I am running for the charity, but I wanted to personalize mine. I added my name (I heard this is popular so people can shout your name along the course) and then I added a little something for my buzz-lightyear-loving child. He's been one of my biggest cheerleaders, throughout this training cycle, and I wanted to have a little piece of him with me on race day!