Apparently, I have a lot to say today. Buckle in...
Once again, I'm linking up with Amanda for Thinking Out Loud. If you don't know how it works check out her first post. Basically, it's a chance for you to get all your random thoughts out and then link up with others doing the same.
1. We Run Social is coming to Vegas (and San Diego!) For the third year, a group of runners are planning to run a half marathon in the morning then fly to Vegas for the Rock N Roll Marathon/Half Marathon in the late afternoon. There's going to be a HUGE meetup the day after the race in Vegas. Pavement Runner has all the details on his blog so be sure to check that out. You don't have to be running to come hang out!
11:45 a.m. Meet in front of the Bellagio fountain for an epic photo with the water in the background.
12:15 p.m. Make our way over to Caesars Palace (Spanish Steps) for drinks, fun, and socializing (it’s what we do). It’s across the street from the Bellagio, outside, has shade, plenty of seating (and an outdoor bar, of course).
2. If you haven't registered for RnRLV do it now! My discount code will save you money until October 1st. Just click HERE to register and enter the code KAELLAONTHERUNLV at checkout. Half and Full Marathon is $145. If you're still on the fence, check out these AWESOME medals!! Oh, and all events sell out.
4. Thank you for all the birthday wishes! I celebrated, at home, with London on Tuesday. We were both sick Monday night so opted to stay home, from work and daycare, and recover. It wasn't how I planned on spending the day but it was really nice. We cuddled on the couch and watched movies all day. Plus, I got spoiled. I got three beautiful bouquets of flowers, tickets to go see a Broadway show in November, clothes, food and gift cards!
5. Pregnancy reveals still take my breath away. I have lots of friends welcoming their second babies soon. Their firsts are all London's age. As London approaches three, it makes me a little sad to know he won't be a big brother any time soon. I always thought a three-year-age gap would be perfect. Of course, I'm beyond happy for them but also a little sad. I still love hearing the news and reading the weekly bump-updates though. It's hard to explain how I feel but I guess it just comes from having your plans change suddenly. I wonder if this feeling will ever go away? 6. I love dressing for fall. I picked up a few new outfits, this weekend, and this week's perfect fall temperatures were the perfect excuse to wear them. Hello short boots, wool skirts, plaid everything and leather jackets!
7. I'm finally going to Waterton! Yes, I live about 90 minutes away from a beautiful, mountain, area and have yet to explore it in my 10+ years of living in Southern Alberta. It's basically a less-touristy version of Banff (or, so I've been told!) In a couple weeks, I'm heading there with a few other Alberta bloggers for a weekend adventure!! I can't wait!!
8. Are you up for a virtual race? I've talked about my love of virtual races several times (here, here, and here) and I have an awesome event to share with you (and a discount code!) I bet you can remember exactly where you were on 9/11. I was starting my second week of Broadcasting classes at college. The teacher sent us home and told us to watch the news coverage all day. We huddled together, in one of my classmates dorm rooms, absolutely blown away by what we were watching. For the month of September, Run Local Events is hosting a Run Nine/Eleven and the Freedom 5K. The distances can be done at any point until September 30th. After you complete them, you record them on the site.
2-day challenge: 9 miles the first day, 11 miles the second day. 20 miles total.
Freedom 5K: run/walk a 5K
Both options earn a medal (bling bling) which will be mailed 2-3 weeks after distances have been logged to the site.
Registration is $30 and 100% of the proceeds go to Operation: Care & Comfort (to support the U.S. troops, veterans, and their families). https://www.occ-usa.org
You can find out more about the run, and collect with others running, through any of the social media links below.
Won't you join me?
9. Speaking of running, yesterday I ran my first BIG, scary, training run! I had 16 miles on the schedule and, despite being sick all day Monday, I feel like I crushed it!! Getting a Facetime from London at the two-hour-mark really helped. I am a little less nervous about the 18 mile run coming up in a couple weeks!
10. This picture is everything. Jarod texted me this photo of London with his hair styled this morning. It made my day. Isn't he the cutest?
I hope everyone has a great weekend! I'll be hanging with my favourite boy and can't wait!
Hi, I'm Kaella, a single mom, reporter and avid runner. I love sharing my workouts, race-recaps, and experiences in group fitness class, with you. I also talk about my four-year-old son London a lot. I'm slightly obsessed with NYC, Starbucks and 5 Cent Candies.