I think this is one of my favourite posts (to write and read) because it allows me to get all my random thoughts out there. Once again, I'm linking up with Amanda for Thinking Out Loud. If you don't know how it works check out her first post. Basically, it's a chance for you to get all your random thoughts out and then link up with others doing the same.
1. I'm going to VEGGGASSSS!!!!! A few months ago, I committed to Run Rock n Roll Vegas half marathon with a few of my favourite ladies and runner friends. Today, we booked our flights. The trip also turned into one big girl's trip with seven of us ladies now on board! I think the run has taken a bit of a back seat and I'm really excited for some quality time with my ladies. Good thing this half marathon is just for fun! Last time I went to Vegas, with a few of these same girls, I had a few drinks and thought it would be a great idea to spend $400 dollars on a dress. Yeah, let's not repeat that.
2. I've had to make a few changes to my training plan this week. Apparently, staying out until 5am is rough on your body. I've been choosing to sleep in, so far, this week and do my runs in the evening. It makes it tough, because I have to occupy London as well, but we make it work. I haven't had to adjust my mileage thankfully. I also had to skip spin class last night because I needed to run. Oh well, live and learn!
Supper and a movie, on the floor, while mommy runs
3. I wish flights weren't so expensive at Christmas. I would love to take London home to the West Coast, again, this year but it's looking like a 1100 dollar round-trip again. With Vancouver next week then NYC and Vegas in November it's just not going to happen. I think we'll plan for a mini stay-cation!
4. I have a new favourite face cleanser. I got a sample of Biore Charcoal face wash during the Colour Me Rad race, in June, and finally got around to using it a few days later. I ended up buying a bottle and have been using it every day since. Honestly, I haven't had a break-out and my skin doesn't feel dry for once!
5. Speaking of things I love, I'm back on the Stoked Oats bandwagon right now. I go through phases where I want oatmeal every day and that's where I'm at right now. I love to top it with fresh fruit and, since it's so cheap right now, my bowls are usually quite full! Oh, and a sprinkle of cinnamon too. Yum!
I took this half way through... so yeah, there was more in there!
6. It's time to play catch-up! My boss is on vacation so I'm in charge of our station for two weeks. Needless to say, I've been pretty busy. I am excited for a quiet night catching up on blogs, cleaning my house and watching Big Brother. I don't have cable so I just stream episodes, for free, a few days after they air.
Have a great night. I'll be back tomorrow with a survey post that's been floating around...
What face cleaner do you use?
Ever been to Vegas? Any recommendations?
Favourite breakfast food these days?
Anyone else watching Big Brother? I love Shelly and Clay!
Hi, I'm Kaella, a single mom, reporter and avid runner. I love sharing my workouts, race-recaps, and experiences in group fitness class, with you. I also talk about my four-year-old son London a lot. I'm slightly obsessed with NYC, Starbucks and 5 Cent Candies.