1. I conquered a fear! Last night, I finally turned on the bbq and made supper. Jarod used to be the bbq'er in our family so I didn't even know where to start. Thankfully, I figured it out and made a delicious supper of chicken kabobs, corn on the cob and carrots. London cleared his plate which is always a good sign.
2. My house is a mess. When London isn't here it's tidy and organized. Then, he comes and we play hard. I like this look better.
3. I'm going to see Magic Mike XXL tomorrow. Channing Tatum. That is all.
4. I'm running the NYC Marathon in FOUR MONTHS!! The countdown is on and I'm getting excited!! Training kicks off on the 13th and today I mapped out how I'm going to fit my workouts into my life. There's a lot of early morning, and nap time treadmill runs, in my future.
5. London is having stomach issues again. One of my biggest fears is passing on my Crohn's disease. When he was a baby he ended up in the Children's Hospital and I'm worried we may end up again there soon. He's had non-stop diarrhea for four days. It usually follows him eating and having intense stomach pains for a few minutes. I'm praying it isn't anything serious but it's hard not to worry because Inflammatory Bowel Disease runs in our family. Needless to say, we skipped any Canada Day festivities this year and relaxed at home.
6. I made a big, and tough, decision this week. I realized I need some time to just focus on me. I am still working through a lot of feelings about my divorce and I have to be selfish right now. I think it'll be better in the long run.
7. I love my blogging-turned-real-life-friends. I had a great lunch with Jo this week. It's like I've known her for years. We always have the best chats! Jo separated from her husband, a couple years ago, and it was so nice to talk to someone who understands what I'm going through.
8. I've got my running confidence back. After two less-than-stellar performances at recent races I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to reach some of my upcoming goals. My recent training runs have been awesome and I'm excited to see what I'm capable of!
9. Quest Protein Bars are a game changer. Seriously, why didn't I know about these sooner! They're a great post-workout snack at 20grams of protein! Plus, with flavours like mint chocolate and white chocolate raspberry you can't really go wrong!