1. We're almost in double-digits!! According to my countdown calendar app, the NYC Marathon is in 99 days!! That means, I leave for my trip in 97 days!! It may sound like it's still a long time away but I know how fast time flies these days! I hope to meet some of you running (or living in) NYC while I'm there please! :)
|I can't wait to be back here!|
|Early morning run. I don't always take off my makeup before bed|
3. Is Marathon weight-gain a real thing? So, I weigh myself about once a week. Usually just to see where things are at (although my clothes are usually a better indicator.) I have put on a few pounds since ending my marriage and am working to get those off (plus, my belly is constantly bloated these days.) I hear a lot of people talking about Marathon weight-gain and am wondering if others have experienced this? I feel like I still am eating the same things, and same amount, but we'll see as my mileage continues to climb.
4. Despite my above "bloated stomach" comment, I'm in love with crop tops. No, I did not wear this outfit to work (I had a thin blouse over top) but I need a vacation where I feel like it's appropriate so I can rock it.
5. Lululemon just released some of their SeaWheeze Showcase Clothing and I'm in trouble. I've actually been REALLY good about not buying any Lululemon lately but they did just send out an email giving Seawheeze runners a sneak-peek at what's going to be in the Showcase store, at the race, this year. Um, yeah, I'm in love. Thankfully (Unfortunately?) I'm not sure I'll be able to make it downtown (my mom lives about an hour away) in time to take advantage of the runners-only store hours. I want this whole outfit....
7. My brother is my hero. This is him and his daughter saying goodbye at the airport Tuesday night. He's in the Canadian Navy and leaving on another trip. It breaks my heart to see her so upset but she's got a superhero for a dad. I'm so proud of him.
Chat with you tomorrow!
1. How do you stay safe when you are running alone?
2. When's the last time you felt proud of something you did?
3. Marathoners.. did you gain weight during training?
4. Who's your hero?