Time to link up with Amanda for "Thinking Out Loud." If you don't know how it works check out her first post. Basically, it's a chance for you to get all your random thoughts out and then link up with others doing the same.
1. First, an update on my back. I've had a lot of comments and questions about my back injury after posting my Calgary Marathon Race Recap Tuesday. I was in a lot of pain Sunday night and Monday morning (almost to the point I could barely walk.) Thankfully, I thought ahead and booked a Chiropractor appointment. My doctor is AMAZING and, after a few test,s he determined I had some nerve damage in my L5 (basically the nerve the runs from your lower back, down my left leg and to the tip of my big toe.) It was the exact pain I was feeling on Sunday. He also determined the shooting pains, traveling up and down my spine, were due to some tight muscles seizing.
Anyway, I felt better after the adjustment but he told me I would need a deep tissue massage as soon as possible and to come back Wednesday. Until then, I was to go for short walks, no runs, and no lifting. Well, I wasn't able to get in for the massage until yesterday so I saw the Chiropractor again first. He ended up doing an ultrasound after I complained the pain was still there. Basically, he started feeling around and what I thought was a bone was a extremely tight, huge, knot. It was painful and I started tearing up as he worked away on it. He adjusted me again and I headed straight to my sports massage for an hour of very very painful work on my back and left-side of my hip. I'm allowed to go for a quick run (no longer then 3 miles) twice this week but still no lifting. I'm back for another massage Saturday, Physio Tuesday and then Chiropractor again on Wednesday. I'm hoping (and so are all of them) that I'll be okay to run the Rock N Roll Half Marathon, in Seattle, June 13th (yes, NEXT weekend!)
2. I peeled all my gel nail polish off last night. I know, I know. That's so bad for your nails. I treated myself to a set of gelish nails before the Calgary Marathon and instantly regretted spending the 80 dollars on it. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed being pampered but I just didn't love them as much as I should have. I guess I should have said something but I didn't. I don't even have a photo to show you which is a sign of how much I didn't love it. Anyway, I'm heading back to the salon for a pedicure on Friday and hoping that I'll leave happier this time (if not, I promise to say something!!)
3. I bought a ROMPER! Yes, I finally decided to try on a romper and fell in love with this one from Old Navy (and I got it for 40% off!) I'm bringing it to the beach, next week, and can't wait to accessories it with a cute pair of white sandals I also picked up from Spring (also on sale--score) and a hat! For now, here's the dressing room shot I sent to my mom and some friends for approval, haha!
4. Speaking of online shopping (I REALLY need to unsubscribe from some emails again) I also ordered some new things for London. I got a light jacket, two muscle shirts, two tshirts and a pair of flip flops for our trip, to the beach, next week. Everything is from Old Navy or the Gap and was 40% off.
5. I love this article former Bachelorette, Jillian Harris, posted yesterday. Basically, Kaitlyn's been getting attacked on social media lately after a preview shoes her admiring she had sex (Kaitlyn is this season's Bachelorette.) Some of the tweets "slut-shaming" here, I have seen, are just plain awful!! Kaitlyn is a grown-up and can have sex if she wants to. Also, we have to remember that reality-tv isn't also "reality." We don't even know what happened. Plus, she lives in Vancouver which I think means we're pretty much best friends and I don't like people bad-mouthing my friends! ;)
6. Saturday is National Health and Fitness Day. I had to give up my race entry for Ladiesfest but I do plan on going to watch and cheer (any locals want to join me?) I'm then heading to GoodLife for ParticipACTION Open House Day. Clubs, across the country, are inviting you to try their gym for free. I'll be doing my short run there and doing some stretching.
Anyway friends, I hope you have a wonderful weekend! I'll be back Monday with what I got up to.
1. Do you complain when you aren't happy with a service (or food) you pay for?
Hi, I'm Kaella, a single mom, reporter and avid runner. I love sharing my workouts, race-recaps, and experiences in group fitness class, with you. I also talk about my four-year-old son London a lot. I'm slightly obsessed with NYC, Starbucks and 5 Cent Candies.