Time to link up with Amanda for "Thinking Out Loud." If you don't know how it works check out her first post. Basically, it's a chance for you to get all your random thoughts out and then link up with others doing the same.
1. I'm having a hard time narrowing down my favourite photos from our Mommy and London photoshoot. Jen from La Di Da Lane Photography just sent me the disc of all the photos from our session. I'd like to pick my favourite 3-4 for my new gallery wall in my bedroom. So far, these are a few of my favourites...
2. I'm addicted to this gum. I go through months where I don't chew any gum and then periods where I want it all the time. Right now, I always have a few packs in my purse. This Sour Patch kind is my new favourite! The flavour lasts a surprisingly decent amount of time.
3. I am so excited for this weekend. I know I've talked about it A LOT but I can't wait for the Calgary Marathon and all the events surrounding it! I know there's a LOT of local bloggers that are running plus I have a few friends flying in to run their first races. I have set some goals for Sunday but I'm also going to have a lot of fun! If you're down on the grounds I'll be spending most of my time, after my first race, in the Grandstand seating area cheering on runners between 8:30-9:45 and, again, from 10:30-11:45. Come find me!!
4. London will be my biggest cheerleader that day. I found this adorable t-shirt on the Cheer Baby Clothing Etsy Shop and couldn't resist getting it for London. Even if I don't PR, Sunday, he will look adorable. Plus, it's a little extra motivation to run faster. I'm actually trying to convince Jo to run with me since she's super speedy and will help keep me company. Plus, I had a blast running with Lindsey at the LRPS Half last year and was so close to a PR!
5. London is racing too!! I decided to sign up London for the kids race on Sunday. It's a 1.2 KM race on the Stampede grounds. I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner-- my little boy LOVES to run! Of course, when I asked him if he wanted to race, with mommy, he said YES but that he needed new shoes. So, we picked up a new pair of New Balance runners last night. Mizuno needs to get on making toddler shoes ;)
6. This is what our breakfast table looks like every morning. London brings Woody and Dora everywhere with him and he's allowed to watch shows so I can focus on getting us ready for the day (and out the door on time!) I promised him a Buzz Lightyear soon so I'm glad we have extra seats at the table (and he has a big bed!) ;)
7. I'm excited to go home to White Rock. London and I are flying home (yes, I still call it home even though I haven't lived there in 15 years) in a couple weeks! We'll be spending the majority of our time in White Rock, with my family, but are also spending two days in Seattle for the Rock N Roll Half Marathon. I'm excited to run but I'm really looking forward to building sand castles, eating gelato after supper and trying SUP again. I just hope the weather cooperates!
That's all I have time for today. I'm off to get another sports massage ahead of the Chiropractor and Physiotherapy tomorrow (my back is still not feeling great!) Fingers crossed it's back to normal by this weekend!
Hi, I'm Kaella, a single mom, reporter and avid runner. I love sharing my workouts, race-recaps, and experiences in group fitness class, with you. I also talk about my four-year-old son London a lot. I'm slightly obsessed with NYC, Starbucks and 5 Cent Candies.