So, I took an unplanned week away from blogging. Time to catch you up on where I've been the last seven days. Unless, you follow me on instagram where I post my daily activities and most of my workouts ;)
Time to link up with Amanda for "Thinking Out Loud." If you don't know how it works check out her first post. Basically, it's a chance for you to get all your random thoughts out and then link up with others doing the same.
1. A week in Saskatchewan with my bestie and our littles was EXACTLY what I needed. After publishing my last post London got sick and we ended up having to take him to the hospital with a really high fever. We were supposed to leave, for Saskatchewan, Friday but the trip had to postponed. When he woke up feeling, and looking, like himself Saturday I decided that we were going. I quickly threw stuff in a suitcase and we hit the road. 5 hours later we were at Courtney's house. Brooks and London had a blast together (despite some toddler tantrums and fights over toys) and I loved chatting with Court and cuddling baby Quinn. I will be making that trip again soon.
2. London is going to be an awesome Big Brother someday! I'd love to have more children. Whenever that happens I know London is going to love him or her so much. He was in love with Quinn! He kept telling me to hold the baby or that he wanted to cuddle her. Heart = Melted.
2. I'm signed up to run a 5K race on Saturday but have only ran twice in the last three weeks. Between my injury, moving, and life I just put training on the back burner. I planned on trying for a PR Saturday but will, instead, use it as a training run (I am going to tackle on a few extra miles after) for my next half marathon at the end of May. It IS my current 5K PR course so it could be hard to not want to compete. No promises hahahaha! It sounds like there's going to be a LOT of awesome people in Calgary, next month, so stay tuned for details on some fun meetups/tweetups!
3. I love having London to myself. His dad has been away on a business trip for a week. I love spending my days, and nights, with him. With moving, it's been hard to be away from him, after two-and-a-half years of, only a handful of days a part. I know they both miss each other but I've been soaking up this time together. Last night, he came to my Booty fitness class and we both had fun working out together!
4. I'm over half way to my Team For Kids fundraising goal! Thanks to you awesome people I've raised over 1700 dollars through donations to my participant page and my online auction. The online auction ends April 30th so please continue to spread the word to anyone who may be interested in participating. I've had a tough time getting people, engaged, from the United States so a few of those items don't have any bids yet. I would hate to disappoint the companies who donated the products.
5. Sometimes I wish I lived in the US. Chobani sent me an email today asking if I would like to participate in a campaign. Sadly, I can't because I live in Canada. I love Chobani. I will have to stock up next time I'm home in June.
6. I'm still planking. I committed to a plank-a-day challenge awhile ago. While I haven't been doing it every day I am trying to remember to do it a few times a week. I think that's going to be one of my goals for May. Who's in?
7. I love this quote. Going through everything I've been through lately this is a great reminder. Go be your beautiful self.
Have a great weekend!
PS Good luck to everyone running Boston Monday!! You better believe I'll be cheering! I would love to get there someday (watching or racing!)
Hi, I'm Kaella, a single mom, reporter and avid runner. I love sharing my workouts, race-recaps, and experiences in group fitness class, with you. I also talk about my four-year-old son London a lot. I'm slightly obsessed with NYC, Starbucks and 5 Cent Candies.