First of all, congratulations to Lisa for winning the Hemp Hearts giveaway! Lisa, I'll be in touch soon so I can get your package sent to you!
Once again, I'm linking up with Amanda for "Thinking Out Loud."
If you don't know how it works check out her first post. Basically, it's a chance for you to get all your random thoughts out and then link up with others doing the same.
This week is apparently a house-hunting/moving edition since that's all I have been doing/thinking about since our house sold on Sunday!!
1. House hunting is fun except when you have less than 3 weeks to find a place, pack and move. As I'm writing this, we are waiting to see if Jarod's offer on a place he found is accepted. We both took the day off Tuesday and went to a bunch of homes. He found a place he liked but he wouldn't have been able to get the place before we had to be out of ours. I found a place I LOVE but have to wait until after work today to put in an offer. Please keep your fingers and toes crossed! Also, if I get it, I will be eating Kraft Dinner for the next five years. Buying a place on your own is no joke financially.
2. I have the best boss in the world. I mean, I already knew this, but this week he has been amazing! I've been skipping out of work to meet with our banker, mortgage broker and lawyers. I've also spend way too much time browsing MLS. Thankfully, he completely understands. He is also letting me take the last week of the month off so I can pack up my life and move.
3. I also have the best family and friends a girl could ask for. They've supported me, listened to me stress and offered to help in so many different ways. Mom is going to fly out to help with the packing/moving and I've already got a few people willing to help me move! You all are amazing. THANK YOU!!
4. I'm going to have to change my spending habits if I get this house. Yes, this place is slightly considerably out of my price range but it is the only place that I could find that worked with my needs for London, location and short timeline. Time to scale back on Lululemon and races.
5. I'm still running the NYC Marathon for charity. Of course, this isn't the ideal year to run my dream race in my dream city but I signed an agreement and committed to fundraising. It just means I'll have to be on the ball about my fundraising. I will need all the help I can get to meet my goal as whatever I don't fund raise comes out of my own pocket. I have plans in the works for an online auction so stay tuned.... (If you'd like to donate something for the auction or think of a company that would be willing to help please let me know!)
If you can help financially please check out my fundraising page HERE and the reason I'm running for charity HERE.
6. Speaking of running, I hit 100 days on my run streak Tuesday!! I only planned to do it for a month but decided to keep going. I haven't decided when I will stop. I'm definitely not planning to make it 397 days again....
Alright, that's all I have time for today. I apologize for the lack of photos but hopefully I'll be able to show you some of my new place soon! (Fingers Crossed!)
Hi, I'm Kaella, a single mom, reporter and avid runner. I love sharing my workouts, race-recaps, and experiences in group fitness class, with you. I also talk about my four-year-old son London a lot. I'm slightly obsessed with NYC, Starbucks and 5 Cent Candies.