Once again, I'm linking up with Amanda for "Thinking Out Loud."
If you don't know how it works check out her first post. Basically, it's a chance for you to get all your random thoughts out and then link up with others doing the same.
1. I'm crossing my fingers I'll be moving into my new house today. This week has been one of the most stressful weeks of my life. Well, the last three weeks have been tough. It's hard to fully explain the situation but basically I wouldn't be (hopefully) getting the keys this afternoon without my mom and my kick-ass lawyer! Basically they both did everything they could to make this sale happen including long work hours for Adam and my mom taking a 4 hour round-trip ferry ride and a 7am flight to hand-deliver paperwork! To say I'm thankful is a serious understatement. I've been off work all week to attend all the appointments and pack!
2. I stopped my run streak this week and I haven't worked out since. As I mentioned Tuesday, I decided to stop my streak at 112 days and focus more on speed and strength training. I started to feel a bit of a pain in my foot so I decided to back off running for a few days and re-evaluate. Plus, with everything going on with the move, my focus just isn't there. I'll be back, better than ever, soon! I won a free gym membership that I hope to cash in once I'm settle. Plus, I signed up for a Booty Beauty workout class that starts in a few weeks! Oh, and I'm still planking everyday!
3. I got a fun surprise in the mail this week. Check out this awesome long-sleeve training tee from Team For Kids. I can't wait to run with them at the NYC Marathon in November. I've raised about $800 dollars of my $2620 commitement so far and am confident I will reach my go. I'm so overwhelmed with the support! Just a reminder, I'll be hosting an online auction to raise money soon. If you want to donate something please email me by April 1st.
4. I love having my mom here. Mom landed Wednesday afternoon and it's been great having her in the same city again. She moved here, for a year, after I had London and I miss her! Right now she lives about 14 hours away. Our first stop was Costco to pick up some stuff for the new house. She's got great taste.
5. I realized, while packing, I have a lot of shoes. I've been trying to purge lately but I can't seem to part with my Mizuno Wave Riders. I like to keep old pairs to wear on weekends or during colour/mud races.
6. Have you heard registration for the VEGAS Rock N Roll Half Marathon/Marathon opens April 1st?! This is on my race list this year! As a Rock N Blogger I'll be doing the half marathon and I've recruited a few friends to run with me! I can't wait to run the strip at night.
7. I think London needs this shirt. He loves running with me, and cheering me on at races, and this would be perfect!
8. Speaking of London, look how tall he is! We measure him every 6 months (on this awesome growth chart ruler from Tawnya) and I can't believe the difference!
Alright, off to pack some more and get ready to hopefully pick up my keys!!! Wish me luck!
1. Do you toss your old running shoes or hang on to them?
Hi, I'm Kaella, a single mom, reporter and avid runner. I love sharing my workouts, race-recaps, and experiences in group fitness class, with you. I also talk about my four-year-old son London a lot. I'm slightly obsessed with NYC, Starbucks and 5 Cent Candies.