Sunday, February 15, 2015

Weekend In Review

I was really hoping I could start this post by sharing that I'm feeling better but I'm actually feeling worse!

London and I have gone through a box of Kleenex in the past twenty-four hours. I still have my cough too. I think it may be time to book a doctors appointment! I need to get better before Phoenix in ten days!!!! I'm actually getting mad now!

Okay, back to the recap. 

Let's rewind to Friday during the day. I was spoiled at work (by coworkers) who are truly the best!

It was 17 degrees outside (in February) so I picked up lunch and headed down to the river valley to eat. It was absolutely gorgeous.

Friday night, I met up with some friends to celebrate Danielle's birthday! Danielle and I met on Twitter a few years ago and became fast friends in real life. She's smart, beautiful, kind and always there when you need her! Happy Birthday D!! 

Saturday, I had marathon club. They had 10 miles on their schedule which coincided with my last long run for Phienix. As you know, my training for Phoenix fell apart when I got sick 3.5 weeks ago! I needed this run for the confidence.

I didn't want to go. I had been coughing all night and in and out of London's room. I made every excuse not to go but finally dragged myself out the door because this week there was free breakfast after! I love to eat. 

Anyway, I was feeling good (hitting 8:40/mile) the first three miles and then we got to a huge hill!!! I was determined to run the whole thing (this is the top so the photo doesn't give it justice) but needless to say, my legs were toast afterand I struggled through the last 6 miles. It was not the last strong run I envisioned!!

Saturday night we had plans to go to a hockey game but It didn't happen. I cuddled on the couch with my Valentine and we were both in bed early!

This morning, Jarod and I took London out for breakfast and to get groceries. We are trying to meal plan to save money and make it easier after a busy day at work! 

We got home and I squeezed in a workout before lunch. I did a slow mile then some push-ups, planks, crunches and mountain climbers. Of course, if London is awake when I'm exercising, he is always close by! 

London napped for three hours (unheard of) this afternoon so I did four loads of laundry, watched tv and chatted with J.) 

By the time he woke up it was time to head out to a friend's house for coffee and then watch The Bachelor! I'm really excited to see what happens tomorrow!!! 

I also managed to get about an hour of the SNL 40th anniversary show done before it was bedtime. That's probably more tv, in one day, than I have watched in weeks. 

London and J are off tomorrow, for the holiday, but I have to work. That means I should probably hit publish on this and head to bed! Before I go, check out this cute shirt I found for London! It's Joe Fresh, cost four dollars, AND it's daddy's number!!

I hope you had a great weekend!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment