Once again, I'm linking up with Amanda for "Thinking Out Loud."
If you don't know how it works check out her first post. Basically, it's a chance for you to get all your random thoughts out and then link up with others doing the same.
1. I finally figured out how to change my name on Google+. It's not a big deal to still have my married name show up in some places but, for some reason, I wanted if off my little space on the internet.
2. Ed Sheeran is coming to Calgary!!! Okay, I'm sure I've mentioned I'm in love with Ed Sheeran a few times already. Well, I was watching the Grammy's Sunday and he performed one of my favourite songs.. 12 hours later, I get a text from Becky saying he's coming to play in Calgary!! We are planning to go and I think we should get a BIG group of girls together and make a night out of it!! Who's in?! Tickets go on sale February 23rd.
3. I love running with a group. I'm really enjoying Marathon Club and glad I took the plunge and signed up. I'm usually a solo runner but the energy, and encouragement, is contagious when you're with others who love to run.
4. Speaking of running..... I'm doing three Rock N Roll Races this year (Seattle, Chicago and Las Vegas.) If you'd like to join me I have a discount code for all of the North American races (except Vegas) that'll get you 15 dollars off. Just enter KAELLAONTHERUN when you're registering.
5. I read something interesting the other day.
From Peanut Butter Runner: "the ages between 28-32 are known as the 30s transition and it’s the time where the most divorces, career changes and shifts in direction occur because people start to take stock of their lives. This theory was introduced by Daniel Levinson and Gail Sheehy furthers it by saying, “it is not uncommon, at the approach to the thirties, to tear up the life structure one put together to support the original dream of the twenties, and to start anew—’to create the basis for the next life structure.'”
I obviously fit the mold since I was 30 when Jarod and I separated. If you would have told me, a few years ago, I would be getting divorced at 31 I wouldn't believe you. I guess it's somewhat comforting to know I'm not alone. Sometimes it feels that way.
6. THIS ARTICLE on co-parenting is awesome. I immediately sent it to Jarod. Worth a read if you're in a similar situation!
7. I have a new favourite food. We don't have Trader Joes in Canada so I try and stock up on some of my favourites when I'm in the States. One of those is Cookie Butter. Well, recently, one of my Canadian Blogger Buddies let me know that Superstore sells something similar. It's amazing!!
Hi, I'm Kaella, a single mom, reporter and avid runner. I love sharing my workouts, race-recaps, and experiences in group fitness class, with you. I also talk about my four-year-old son London a lot. I'm slightly obsessed with NYC, Starbucks and 5 Cent Candies.