Once again, I'm linking up with Amanda for "Thinking Out Loud."
If you don't know how it works check out her first post. Basically, it's a chance for you to get all your random thoughts out and then link up with others doing the same.
1. Welcome Miss Quinn!!! My best friend Courtney welcomed her beautiful baby girl this week. As expected, she is absolutely gorgeous and perfect in every way! I'll be going to visit them, next month, and can't wait for lots of baby cuddles!!
2. I'm still sick. Two weeks and counting and I can't seem to shake whatever this is. It went from a sinus cold to a brutal cough. The worst part is, London is still sick too. Tuesday, I had to take him to the hospital because he was breaking out in a rash and had a really high fever. He's got a viral infection and won't be at daycare the rest of the week.
3. I wish we had family here. I haven't left London with anyone except Jarod (obviously) and daycare so it's hard when he's sick. Jarod and I are alternating half days, at work, since we're both swamped but need to be at home with our little guy. Mom has offered to fly out, and help, but it's a lot to ask. Hopefully we'll both be on the mend soon!
4. I am okay if I don't PR in Phoenix. I know that sounds like I'm throwing in the towel but I'm not happy with my training the last two weeks. I've decided to just go have fun, meet some new running friends, and not put any pressure on myself. I have LOTS of half marathons on the schedule this year and know that I can get a personal best at one of them. Right now, it's important to just focus on getting London, and myself, better. I'm still streaking but only doing the one mile minimum right now. Who knows, this time "off" may be the best thing for me.
Another mile minimum but happy to still be streaking!
5. I have the best friends. I tweeted, last night, that I wish Starbucks and the drug store delivered. I was craving a tea and needed medicine. Later that night, both showed up on my door step. I'm spoiled.
6. I got a new desk at work. We recently moved our office into a bigger space and I now have a bigger desk AND a window!! I haven't finished decorating and I really want to add some girly touches. I also think a plant or flowers are a necessity!
What's on your mind lately?
Anyone have any cute ideas for decorating my office space?
Hi, I'm Kaella, a single mom, reporter and avid runner. I love sharing my workouts, race-recaps, and experiences in group fitness class, with you. I also talk about my four-year-old son London a lot. I'm slightly obsessed with NYC, Starbucks and 5 Cent Candies.